Monday, February 2, 2009

A week in the life of me...

Why is it that all the things you agree to do always end up in the same week? This seems to be a pattern for me. Last week was such a crazy week, I vowed to never say yes to anything again...that only lasted until Saturday when the Stake called me to do Dance Festival...AAAHHH! Okay, so I'm just going to spell out my week for all of you. Maybe you all could share your craziness too.

SUNDAY- Church 1-4, first YCL meeting 4:30-5:30, Dinner...prepare and eat 5:45-6:30ish, freshen up to be to the Bishops for Youth Discussion meeting by 7:00, Home by 8:45 read emails to only be reminded that I have the "around the world" presentation in Ally's class on Monday.

MONDAY- Up by 6am to guard from 7:30-8:30, Email/call Ben & Tyler for ideas for class presentation on Ecuador & Peru. (thanks for all your help boys) round up all souvenirs from Ecuador & Peru, put together slide show of pictures, call Wayne to pick up 20 Ecuador bananas, Take Britt shopping as promised because she didn't have school 12:00, eat lunch pick up all presentation stuff & Wayne from home drive to Ally's school by 1:50. The presentation went great! Guard from 2:30-3:30, drive home get kids on task of SNACK, CHORES, HOMEWORK, Piano student 4-4:30...Breath, check emails and send out emails to all Noodles & Notes chair people. Dinner, FHE, bedtime for Ally, watch 24, check emails again, go to bed!!!

TUESDAY- Up by 6 am to guard again, Go to Britt's school to pick up all pre-order Noodles & Notes tickets payments. Firm up all plans for Noodles & Notes, contact Dianna & Brenda to practice for RS Broadway Night, Laundry and housework, facebook, help Dad with Blog (not a bother at all) Guard from 2:30-3:30, Snack, chores, homework again, Piano students from 3:45-4:45, Be to Consumer Research for Clorox by 5:00, be a product tester from 5-7, drive to bank to deposit just earned funds, home...breath and then check emails for Noodles & Notes info, send email or call all MiaMaids to bring their cameras to YW on Wednesday! Relax go to bed!

WEDNESDAY- Late day...YAY! Up by 7am to guard from 8:30-9:30, meet Super Trouper girls at 10am to practice our number for RS Broadway night, YW presidency meeting at 11:30...sorry I was late because the Amador appreciation catering team showed up at the Stake Center so I got there at 11:45, Go directly from presidency meeting to guard from 2:30-3:30, Snack Chores, homework again, Piano students from 4-5, tidy up the house do laundry, help with unfinished homework and fix dinner, find my camera manual, try to get cute and head off to YW 7:30 (have to drive to Dublin so we met at 7:10 to carpool) Enjoy the photography class with my MiaMaids, drive home all YW 9:00, deliver music to Sister Bishop (stake RS pres) for musical number on Thursday! Check in on Raffle wrapping committee, to see if all raffle packages are ready to go for Friday Night Noodles & Notes, Help Britt finish HW, get all kids in bed! Emails, sort through all Noodles & Notes shtuff!!! Bed! After I typed all this I remembered that Britt actually had to be to the church at 6:45 to practice the Beehive number for the RS Broadway night!

THURSDAY- Up by 6am to guard from 7:30-8:30, go to HPMS to collect more pre-order tickets, alphabetize all pre-order ticket stuff so it's ready to go on Friday night, make final to do list for Noodles & Notes, gather up costume stuff for RS Broadway night, 1:00 meet Super Trouper girls to have final practice, guard from 2:30-3:30, snack chores homework (every day) piano students from 4-5, Dinner prep, confirm with Wayne that he'll be home with Jay & Ally so Britt and I can go peacefully to the RS Broadway Night, Iron shirt and pants for Super Trouper number, glam up the make-up and hair, help Britt with her costume & make-up, head over to the stake center by 6:30, RS Broadway night 7-9, Drive beehives and friends home, help Britt with HW! Answer phone calls and emails about Noodles & Notes, facebook :) change laundry head off to bed. I tried to be in bed every night by midnight!

FRIDAY- Up by 6 to guard from 7:30-8:30- come home take a shower, Britt is home with the teenage sickness of just being too tired so I tried to give her a little TLC, Head to pick up last minute things for Noodles & Notes...I had to pick up some envelopes, trash bags, tickets for the raffle, and get change for tickets and bake sale tables! Check in on Britt load up all Noodles & Notes stuff , go to the High school to pick up coffee pots then head off to guard from 2:30-3:30, drive straight from guarding to the Middle school to set up for Noodles & Notes, Leave Jay in the kitchen with Robb Gibbs who is the chef for Noodles & Notes, (luckily Ally went to a friends house so I didn't have to entertain her as I was running around) Tell all committee chairs what needs to happen and where they need to be, get tables and ticket boxes ready and labeled with signs that I had made earlier, Noodles & Notes is scheduled from 6-8, while setting up the power at the middle school goes out from 5-5:45...surprisingly I didn't freak out, it was out of my control...I had done my part and was ready to go, POWER FINALLY, head up ticket lines and tell volunteers where they should be...run around crazy from station to station, I actually did get to eat and enjoy the raffle! Clean-up head home PARTY because Noodles & Notes is OVER!!!!

SATURDAY- sleep until I wake up...about 8:30! Clean and organize my severely neglected house! Prepare my YW lesson for Sunday!

For those of you who don't know Noodles & Notes is the middle schools biggest fundraiser. Last year I was the c0-chair and this year it was all me! I will NEVER do it again. I will always help, but I'll do like the bake sale or decorations. It's just to much for little ol' me! It was successful, we raised a lot of money for the music departments, but I'm glad it's over. We've had meetings since September so I am looking forward to all those free nights!

5 comments:

Jon said...

HOLY COW--WOW!!!

(I just realized I'm signed in as Jon, but it's me Emily :) )

Karalene said...

I knew that last week was not a good week to ask you for haircuts!

I can relate to the ALL in one week thing! You just take deep breaths and do one step at a time... and some how it all works out... or works out the best it can!

You are definitely a Super Trouper!-- and kudos for doing the Noodles and Notes!

megs said...

Im Tired just reading that.....

Anonymous said...

Heidi... your just so talented that when people think who can we ask? your name comes to mind. :-)
You could learn to say no oooorrr you could become less talented...

I just added your link to my blog page. I am just figuring out this blogging thing. I stated it because I wanted our extended family to read about our summer trip. I am still posting to that. So much fun!!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Are you always this busy? I loved you in the Super Trouper thing. That was so cute.

I tagged you on my blog if you ever get a minute!