Friday, February 20, 2009

My other children...

I was looking through my past posts and most of them were about Britt's going ons...Some might think I have only one child. I thought I'd dedicate this post to my two other amazing kids.
This year Jay is in 5th grade. He is really enjoying it (I think he's secretly wishing he were done) I can't believe it's his last year of elementary. MAN the time really has flown by. He LOVES playing the TROMBONE...I don't think he could have picked an instrument that better suits his personality. It's a perfect match and I'm thrilled he loves it. I don't even mind the practicing. He is going to be in the school play (again) and we are dying to find out what part he will get...you can bet I'll do a post about that =)
The kids had a great time going to the SNOW for President's Day. Sadly, none of them really remember the snow, so it was fun to see them excited about playing in it and making snow angels and a sad little snowman...those pics will be in FEBRUARY PART 2
Ally is in 2nd grade this year and LOVES school. She is very outgoing and VERY bright. I think she probably is my most serious student at such a young age. I think it probably has to do with her teacher Ms. Vernon who is EXCELLENT and she's had this group of kids for two years now and she has taught them AWESOME study habits. I love it. Above is what happened to the girls room while we were playing in the snow...(there will be more about that too) Ally thought it was great!!!
For Valentines Day Ally's class had secret pals...Ally's secret pal was Karin who actually ended up having Ally also. The two of them thought that was the funniest thing EVER!!!
The other night as I was walking down the hall with an armful of laundry to fold I noticed Ally had "snuck" a reading light and was finishing her chapter book that she DID NOT want to put away earlier. Who can get mad when their child WANTS to continue to read. It was such a KODAK moment. I love ALL THREE of my kids and I am trying to SLOW down and enjoy each moment with them...moments seem to be going away as they get older so I've made it a goal to TAKE as many as I can with them. I LOVE THEM TO DEATH!!! They truly are my greatest TREASURES!

2 comments:

Sorensen's said...

Very cute! You're such a great mom, and always do so many great things with them and for them.

Amelia said...

That pic with the reading light is awesome! What a doll!!