Thursday, February 19, 2009

February fun...part1

This month has been filled with lots of activities and fun. Our ward had a Chilli cookoff fundraiser for the YW and Scouts. Britt donated a service of making cards and Jay took mint brownie bites to auction. While our family was enjoying FOOD FOLKS and FUN on the inside there were a few scheming SCOUTS outside having fun TP'ing the inside and outside of my car....that's where the fun really begins!!! A few days after my car was innocently attacked (ya right this is me we're talking about) the youth in our stake had a dance...I had arranged to attack the rooms of the two GUILTY young men. Britt was a very willing helper. I had arranged to do it as soon as the boys left for the dance so that I wouldn't be too late to the dance and arouse suspicion...
I enlisted the help of my talented sister in writing a poem about the adventure and taped it to each YM door...
This is Britt probably enjoying herself a little too much attacking Jordan's room
This is a picture of Nathan's completed sabotaged room...when we got to the dance the boys were teasing me that they had gotten me a few times and I hadn't done anything to them. I failed to mention above that on Tuesday after a RS meeting I came out only to find that my car had been SERAN WRAPPED...no problem I recycle :-) While at the dance and being teased constantly that I "suck" and that my "coolness" level had dropped I pulled out my camera and said "you guys want to see what I did tonight..." the boys went ash in the face and were totally shocked. It was a priceless moment and my "coolness" level was elevated once again(at least I like to think so) This has been too fun and it's only just begun wait 'til part 2...

We had a 3 ward New Beginnings this year and it was sooo much fun. We had the theme "GO FOR THE GOLD"...being that the new VALUE added of virute is gold we thought we'd have and OLYMPIC theme. We asked each girl to dress in one of the value colors and then had appointed individuals to carry a "value flag" each girl wearing the said color marched behind that flag (much like the olympics and the countries carrying their flags) while the girls were marching in we had the olympic theme music playing...I was really surprised at how much this touched me...it was pretty amazing.
Britt wore one of her favorite colors GREEN which represents KNOWLEDGE. All of the girls sang the song Let Virture Garnish Thy Thoughts Unceasingly. It was a great night. We then had a Laurel from each ward introduce the Beehives that had come in this year while a slide show(that I put together...pat myself on the back) played with random slides of each Beehive.
This is a picture of our Chilli cook off...the YW sang a few camp songs and then passed out the auctioned off desserts to the highest bidder! This is a fun tradition in our ward!
After the cook off a couple in our ward had asked for a few youth to come and wash dishes from a dinner party of 52 people...not many of the youth were very excited so I volunteered Britt and Jay (and the rest of our family) to go and wash dishes. It took us a couple of hours and each of the kids earned money to go towards Girls Camp and Scout Camp. We got invited to go and have dinner with this family the next day and REALLY enjoyed spending time with them and getting to know them better. It was a fun filled evening...I love hanging out with people!
Stay tuned...our February adventures are just beginning!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I just love how you have your camera with you to "capture" all the simple moments of your life. I will have to learn to take more pictures. Thanks for sharing, you give me great ideas.