Saturday, February 28, 2009

More February fun...

This is my crazy kids on Valentines day...I love that Britt is so wild and I love that Ally is being goofy. The night before Britt went to the store with her good friend Gina and the bought matching crazy outfits to wear to school. Jay is as "valentiney" as a boy can get with the red & white shirt.
On presidents day we went and played in the snow near a little town called Strawberry. It was actually snowing pretty hard that the pass was closed. We pulled over and found a school field and had a great time making snow angels, throwing snowballs, making a snow man and body sledding down hills. The kids had a great time. On the drive from our house we discovered a cheese factory. We stopped and bought some cheese & bread and some salami roll. It was yummy! On the way home we stopped at IHOP and got hot chocolate and some all you can eat pancakes (for everyone but me yuck!)
this is what Britt came home to after our day in the snow. Revenge sadly was taken out on her rather than me! It's all in fun and Britt thought it was pretty funny ( and is still plotting her next move) I thought it was hilarious that they taped her phone to the wall and taped her pillows together. P.S. I'm still vacuuming up shredded paper!!!
Ward primary activity. Jay is officially the oldest kid in primary and loves every minute of it. This is one of my kids favorite babies in our ward. Her name is Rebecca and she is sooo cute!
This is me enjoying a day off from gurading (per my sons request to take a day off) we got to enjoy "muffins with mom" at the kids school. Last year they just brought me a muffin and we ate it at my crossing corner but the kids really wanted to go inside this year so I took the day off!
This is Ally dressed up like Jackie O...she had a famous person report and speech. It was extra credit points if you dressed as your character and of course Ally was all over doing that.
DID YOU SEE THE MOON AND VENUS ON FRIDAY NIGHT...
My mom & dad called me up and told me to go look at the moon...at first I couldn't see anything so the kids and I came in to look online to see if something "special" was happening. We learned that Venus & the Moon would be aligning to the visible eye. We went back out at different times through out the night and got to see it from our backyard. It was pretty cool!
We have had a CRAZY BUSY February and it doesn't look to be slowing down for March! We all love it and are enjoying everything we're involved in! Life is good here in Pleasanton!

4 comments:

Carol and Bruce said...

Cute pics and fun to catch up with your family. You have the right idea, enjoy every minute!! I can't believe Beth and Britt are going to be in high school.

The Sorensen Family said...

Way cute pics! I love the very top picture that is big. So cute!! I am into 24 too!! To bad you don't live here to have 24 nights!

Amelia said...

I did see the moon, but I wasnt smart enough to know that was Venus.
BTW- you totally look beaut-imus in the pic at the top!

Janelle said...

I love Alley's Jackie-O outfit. Very convincing! Cute valentines pictures, too.