Thursday, June 26, 2008

WE LOVE TO CAMP...

Being that Wayne has so much free time on his hands we went camping in the middle of the week. It was great! We headed over to one of our favorite beaches HALF MOON BAY. Everytime we've been to this beach it's been an exciting adventure. The first time we went we had just moved here. The kids were playing in the water and building sandcastles while Wayne and I watched. When a big wave was cresting in the swell we saw the full body of a DOLPHIN literally not 10 feet from our kids. We were not certain if it was a SHARK or a dolphin. We jumped to our feet and then we saw like 5-6 dolphins just jumping and playing right of the coast it was amazing. The next time we went we saw a HUGE BEACHED WHALE (no not me) when we walked up to it I said to Wayne "I can't not touch it..." we all ran up to it and tried to pull off the barnicles and posed for some pictures (shocking I know) This time we camped not 50yds from the beach. It was so great! After our camp site was set up we couldn't hold the kids back from running down to the beach. You never know what the weather is going to be like here. The first day it was cloudy and a little cold, but that didn't stop my kids from getting wet. The next day was PERFECT!

For whatever reason all of my kids love to be buried in the sand. Maybe it keeps them warm...hhmm You can't really tell in this picture but we made Jay out to look like a mermaid. He's a little lopsided, but really girls aren't we all just a little? Ally thinks it's the funniest thing ever to only have her head showing. Seriously, she laughs hysterically! Where did she come from? She is the biggest goof ball ever!


Wayne's face got really sunburned from playing on the beach all day. We had so much fun just playing. We had fun making KABOBS for dinner and then of course SMORES. Allyson kept asking "when are we going to MARSH the MELLOWS" did I mention she's a KOOK? In the picture below BRITT is literally waiting for the water to boil. I forgot the tinfoil so we decided to boil our corn on the cob. I personally think everything tastes better in the outdoors. Maybe it's because we play so hard and we're just starving.

For my family this truly was the dream campsite...it had a THEATER yes, stage, seating the works. We of course held FHE over there and each had to do a SOLO act and then participate in a group number(as per our director JAY) Wayne and I sang one of his favorite camp songs "SHE WAS YOUNG AND SHE WAS GAY" and then I did what I always do for my solo "NOBODY" ALLYSON gave me a 10 thank you very much. The kids then took over and hammed up each number they were in-- alone or together. It was a delightful evening.



Here the kids are gladly doing the dishes because like food everything even dishes is better outdoors. I am a NAZI mom sometimes and make my kids do the dishes by hand even though we have a dishwasher. I just think they shouldn't miss out on the way I had to do things. Singing makes everything more fun too. BRIBES work the best "do the dishes and you can go down to the BEACH" I love playing with my new camera so I have close to a million sunset pics! I mentioned that we always have an adventure at this beach...the kids found lots of fun seashells. Britt was thrilled when she found a WHOLE SANDDOLLAR. They also found a CRAB a 3 legged STARFISH and a JELLYFISH. This is our CRAB...
Britt takin' on the JELLIES...she was like WOA and we were like WOA and then she was like WOA!!! FIN--NOGGIN--DUUDE!!! Can I just say we heard this dialogue over and over and over...
Wayne and Jay made quite the little sand city with tunnels and shtuff. They both love to dig and get sandy...me not so much I like my beach chair.

Here Ally is showing off her find of the trip...a real LIVE STARFISH it was pretty amazing although I couldn't bring myself to hold it. We brought it up to our camp and it lived with us for a couple of days. The kids really wanted to bring it home to our fish tank but we threw it back into the ocean. The color was pretty vibrant and you could see it breathing and all it's little tentacles moving. Ally LOVED it.


We had a great time and would gladly go with anyone who wants to. We're pretty simple campers. We have our chairs and one tent that we all sleep in. I made a batch of rolls and packed sandwich stuff. We had KABOBS one night and then HOT DOGS and CORN ON THE COB the next. Of course we had cereal in a box for breakfast and I made cookies (which you can see on the cooking blog) We had a couple kites, a big shovel with some buckets and we were ready! I'm glad my kids are so easy going and make trips like this pleasant. A lot of people don't know this (Amelia does) but WAYNE is hysterical. He does what he thinks are different voices but really it's just one (indian) I laugh just thinking of it. He does do a pretty good ELVIS too! We got that on the stage with our shovel as his guitar. I LOVE IT!!!
Open invitation to anyone who wants to go to the beach I'm there...





7 comments:

Sorensen's said...

It sounds like a great adventure!!! I can't believe all the sea creature finds. I love sunset pictures, yours turned out very cute! (I like all the new additions to your blog!)

Amelia said...

ok first.. i just finished laughing so hard i almost cried. there were some really funny parts in there.. second you are right that i may be the only one that knows wayne's funny side but why have i never heard these voices. i guess they werent SDI friendly. and lastly yes i would like to come camp there. we went to Half Moon a couple years ago and i agree that it is an awesome beach. i think even I who has never been camping (except girls camp) could handle that kind of camping!

Amelia said...

look just because you have things to blog about and i dont doesnt mean that gives you the right to harass me about my blogging skills. i just want to stretch the anticipation of what i could possibly blog about next.... isnt it working?

Ben and Ash said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to go camping.

The Sorensen Family said...

looks like you guys had a blast! That is so awesome that you saw Dolphins!! I bet your kids loved that. You got some great pictures. I love the ones with them on the beach.

The Qian Family said...

Heidi, it is so fun to look through your blog. We definitely have to keep in touch!

Karalene said...

Looks like a great place, we will have to check the camping out!

Karalene