Thursday, June 12, 2008

Girls weekend in CARMEL...

Last Friday morning as I was socializing after work, a great friend of mine ran up to me and asked "do you want to go to Carmel tomorrow?" I was so excited that I could actually go and do something on a weekend because Wayne would be home with the kids. YEAH! I went with two of my good friends from our ward Shelia and Rebecca. We had a fabulous day! We walked out and enjoyed looking in the tide pools. Normally filled with STARFISH but tide was coming in so they weren't as prominent. It's okay I'll go back! I was sitting on this rock with Rebecca and we could hear a big wave coming so we got up and moved quickly. I slipped a little and hit my knee, but no blood just a little swelling and then bruising. Didn't stop me.

We first stopped in Gilroy and did some outlet shopping. We then stopped just south of Monterey in a town called Pacific Grove. It was sooo beautiful. There were about 5 different weddings going on. I snapped a couple of shots to show my girls. Can you imagine? It was so amazing. We had each packed a lunch so we just sat on one of the cliffs and watched the weddings and the ocean and chatted with each other. Best girls night out ever!!!I still am in awe that this is the area where Dad did his basic training. At least I think that's what it was for. If I ever had to serve this is the base I'd want to serve. The purple flowers along the coast were so vibrantly colorful. Words can't describe how much I enjoyed this day.

This is the "Lone Cypress" tree. It's the logo for Pebble Beach golf course which is what it over looks. I was blown away at the houses along this drive which is called 17Mile Drive. You have to pay like $10 to even drive along this stretch of road. Totally worth it, some of the homes I thought were hotels. I've seen some amazing homes but these out did anything I've ever seen, and I've been to millionaire row in San Fran. I think the view made them more spectacular.
The bay was filled with tons of these cute little harbor seals. They were just swimming and diving off this rock. I kept thinking, I'm so excited for school to get out so I can come down here with my family. It's only about 2 hours away. (a little less than that)
The water was so clear and blue green. The waves were amazing. This cliff is the last hole at Pebble Beach. The spouses of the women I had gone with had golfed there and it was about $300. HELLO--to chase a little white ball? Yeah, I don't get that one. I'm sure my brothers are saying "HELLO" right back at me. I still don't get it!!! Okay, the view is amazing I get that.The waves were like ones I've never seen before. They crashed so big onto the beach. I LOVED the sound it was so cool. I could've just sat on the beach all day with a book...umm I think I'll do that when the kids come with me. The town of Carmel-by-the Sea was so picturesque. It was such a cute little place. It reminded me a little of Vail Colorado. We just had an ocean view rather than a mountain view. We walked into several of the shops, even TIFFANY'S. I was tickled to see that gold jewelery was the new thing again, so my wedding band won't look so dated. There was very little silver or platnium on display. Trends! Such goofiness!After shopping we ate dinner at a Meditteranean restaraunt. I had the Pistachio encrusted Salmon served with Lobster cream potatoes and Wasabi. I had 4 little dollups of calvair also, it was so melt in my mouth delicious, my mouth is watering as I type. My parents spoiled me so I'm kind of a food snob, but this was awesome. I want to take my parents there so they can copy it. For dessert I had a poached pear with creme fresh. It was equally as amazing.We ended our day by sitting on the beach wrapped up in a blanket just chatting and enjoying the view. After a couple of hours of sitting on the sand our older bodies were tired and we headed for home. We had started the day by leaving at 9am and got home about 11pm. I can't wait to do it with my children and hubby. We are also planning on a bigger group of women and doing it again. We may make it a Mother Daughter trip. I was thrilled to have my new camera from Mother's Day. I played a lot taking scenary shots. The whole day was delightful. It was nice to have a break, and then come home to my sweet family.

6 comments:

Sorensen's said...

What a fun adventure! Heidi, I love the way you explain things, so visual plus the pictures helped. It's almost as if I was there seeing the ocean, hearing the seals and tasting the food. (Although, it's safe to say I probably wouldn't have tasted the food.)Anyway, thanks for letting my mind getaway.

The Sorensen Family said...

I am so jealous! you are always doing the funniest things on the weekend! I need to come move to California! CUTE pictures!!!

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Janae you are welcome anytime. It's always a party at my house. Especially now that Britt's 13, there is always a party going on.
Emily you are welcome to come over again for a fun weekend too. You can actually come and hear the waves for yourself!

Sorensen's said...

That would be fun!

Ben and Ash said...

Hello!! You're not just "chasing a white ball." You're freakin' playing Pebble Beach!! It's funny that you say that, because like 2 days ago, before I read your post, I told Ashlee that playing Pebble Beach in on my 'bucket list' of things to do, and I want to do it while I can enjoy it. So she is starting to prepare herself that I will be spending that much money in the not too distant future. (It will be worth every penny, regardless of what my score is...)

Amelia said...

I am sure that TJ would agree with ben on that one. but i certainly would never understand!! Pretty pictures! I want a girls weekend that involves warm weather and the beach!