Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day and end of school stuff...

I have the greatest husband...he's a fabulous DAD and a great FRIEND & CONFIDANT to all of us. Britt gave him the shirt he is wearing and Ally gave him new black flip-flops and Jay gave him a new t-shirt. A few weeks ago we got a new computer & printer which was his gift from me. It will also be our anniversary and birthday gifts. WE LOVE YOU BABE!!!We always snap a picture after church and it's usually in the front of our house. The kids had an opinion this year and wanted it on the side of our house by our tree. WHATEVER!!!
Jay & Jack were the wall ball referees for FIELD DAY! The 4th and 5th graders run all the different "stations" or activities and Jay was thrilled to get wall-ball because as he will tell you he is the best!!!
Jay enjoying pizza and fruit after field day. We had the kids eat and then we played the game "how well do you know your teacher" The kids had a fun time learning new things about their teacher they had all year. Jay new more than I thought he would.
My post...I can't believe that summer is here. I was so excited to sleep in on Monday morning...but I had a dentist appointment with Ally & Britt at 8am. It was kind of sleeping in we normally get up at 6am. Tuesday was great 'cause we didn't have to be anywhere!

Ally as the HULA HOOP champ of 1st grade...I actually don't know if she was the actual champ but she was awesome and could have gone on all day. I don't think they gave awards--that might make somebody feel bad! WHATEVER-if there's a winner it should be declared as such

ALLY was the WINNER!!!

On the second to last day of school Ally's class had a CAMP OUT DAY... they spent the first couple of hours before lunch just hangin' out watching videos playing games and of course reading lots of books. Ally's teacher MS. V had a pretend fire and everything. The kids had a great time and then they had their big class party. Ms. V asked that she have the last day of school with just the kids and no parents. They had field day in the morning and then spent the last hour and a half with their teacher. I was thrilled because it allowed me to spend the whole time with Jay during his party.
Megan, Ava and Ally show me how wet the got during the water balloon toss. I don't really see that they got that wet, but man you'd have thought they were soakin'...
Ally and Ava were pretty excited that their balloon hadn't popped yet. Of course this game turned into a huge water fight. The kids (and the parents) ended up just throwing the balloons at each other. Ally had a great end of the year party. She's excited that her teacher will be looping with her class. Which means she will have the same students and teacher next year. I am thrilled as well. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher or group of kids and parents.
Ally and Ava keenly aware that they are being snapped by both Mom's. They planned their move so that it would be the perfect picture. Have I mentioned that Ally is a SPAAZZZ!!!


3 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

I wanna me a crossing gaurd. I would seriously love that. Happy summer and happy fathers day to Wayne!!!

Sorensen's said...

Very fun! I can't believe you guys get up at 6, I have to drag my kids out of bed at 7:45, that gives us 1/2 hour until we leave for school. (We really should get up earlier.) Looks like you had a great last couple of days.

megs said...

I love these pics!!!