Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ally surprised me today...

Ally loves to swim, but has always been a little frightened of the diving boards. A few days ago she got up the nerve to do the low dive, but no way was she going to do the high dive... Wayne and I were lounging on the grass and I heard the kids riling Ally to do it...just do it. We looked over and she was in the line to do the high dive she got up to the ladder and then ran over to the low dive. We laughed and I said "I don't think she'll do it this summer, if she does it will be in August" a few minutes later we looked over and she was half way up the ladder of the high dive I again was doubtful I said "there's no way she'll do it...she'll get up there and half to climb down" NOT she ran right out there and jumped like a champ. I WAS SHOCKED! I think if you click on the picture it will go bigger and you can see Ally's face as she falls
She ran over and gave us a big hug and ran over to do it again and again and again... She got more and more crazy with each jump.
She swims like a champ in 13 feet of water. I can't tell you how proud I was of her and how guilty I felt for doubting my little daredevil. She can't wait to go back tomorrow with her friend Meg who is 8. Ally is quite proud that she is only 6 and has done this huge accomplishment...at least it is in our family. Brittany & Jay were equally has proud.

This is Ally on the low dive...no fear
This has nothing to do with Ally but it's such a cute picture of Jay jumping off the high dive...I had to share. This is Kennedy and Britt practicing the moves that they want to do off the high dive...my camera battery died so I didn't get the actual jumps so I will do that tomorrow



5 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

I love these pics! They make me want to go lay out in the sun and take a dive off the high dive myself. Jumping off the high dive can be compared to getting your nose waxed. If you do it once, you're gonna wanna do it again and again.
xoxo

The Sorensen Family said...

Cute pictures! looks like you guys had a blast!

Sorensa said...

I came, I saw, I'm not interested in Jumping! But YEAH for Ally...she must not be a cat if she likes being wet!

Ally Fish is gonna be her new nick name!

Sorensen's said...

You've got so many great action shots! Ally is very cute! (Can I add, it's something I've known since Aug. 8, 2001.) =)

Amelia said...

yeah yeah i hear you. i just thought that everyone would still be interested in my fridge... ha. so i promise to make a fairly big post this week, but i just have to take the time. i have some pretty funny pictures of my mom... you can just die of suspense in the mean time....