Friday, June 3, 2011

day28 - A picture of something you're afraid of...

I am scared to death to have a C SECTION!!! I'm not looking forward to this AT ALL!!! I'm still holding out for a miracle that my placenta will move and I'll be able to deliver without a c section! I have learned to not read stuff on the internet because there are only horror stories printed!!! I am also a little freaked by the fact that I have to have the amniocentesis test (again only horror stories printed) I am that weird mom who has loved every single delivery... I love the timing of contractions, I love my water breaking, I love the pushing...I DON'T WANT A C SECTION!!! PRAY FOR ME :)

2 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

All 3 of my babies were born c-section. It is scary but it's not that bad. I really hated being awake because to me it seemed weird to be aware of what was happening.

The last time I had a panic attack right before (I'm now on drugs for anxiety so don't read anything into that!) and the anesthesiologist gave me something extra in my IV. I don't remember much of the experience but for me it was the best way to deliver. My sister in law was put out completely. You do have options if it scares you that bad. But you will be fine. I will pray that come what may you and your baby will be safe.

Think of it this way, with a scheduled c-section you can do your hair and makeup and look fan-freaking-fabulous for pictures! Plus c-section babies have perfectly round heads. They let you hold your baby right away just the same as a regular delivery. You'll be ok.

Tristan

LB said...

Both of my kids were C-sections... My doctor and I agree it is the birth method of choice :) My recovery was awesome...Seriously not a big deal - and I don't pee when I sneeze :)