Tuesday, June 7, 2011

day 30- A picture of someone you miss...

My Grandma Berta!!! I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet...my Grandma died in February! She had been fading so it wasn't a total surprise. The morning my dad called me, I was on my way to work so it was early, I knew before I answered what the news would be. (I've always said when my dad calls it means somebody has died or something has happened to someone...this time it was somebody had died) I was calm in talking to him, which I thought I'd cry. When I was done talking to my dad I called Wayne and I TOTALLY broke down...I'm sure Wayne was freaking out! It wasn't until I had to say "my Grandma died" that it really it me! I truly believe I was her favorite, which really just means she was a great grandma because I'm sure everyone of her grandchildren feel the same way! (they are mistaken though)
I love the above picture. It's of my Dad standing at the grave. He looks more like a Bishop than a grieving son. He ran the show, planned things and I'm not sure he has grieved yet...hmmmm! He was the oldest child and only son and ALWAYS took care of his mother. I know there is a void in his life and now he has more time to garden and doesn't have to deliver the harvest to his mom!
Below is a picture of my dad with his mom and three of his sisters and his sister Carol's husband Cal. (Carol passed a few years ago)
In all of my free time I went through some of my albums and found some fun pictures of times we spent with Grandma.
Jay and Grandma at Jay's baptism
Britt and Grandma making rolls for Jay's baptism feast! Grandma insisted on helping, and my dad said "tell her to make rolls, that should keep her busy!"
Grandma came to visit my family several times when we lived in California (because I'm the favorite) We had lots of fun adventures with her. I decided that I have so many fun pictures with her I need to do another post of her.
The above picture is of my Dad and Grandma at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk...I love that they rode the sky ride! Love it!!! I really enjoy my dad's rolled up pants and sandals, he's so cool!!!
This picture is of my kiddos on one of our summer visits to Utah. We always went to see Grandma! I miss my Grandma, but I'm happy she's in a better place. I'm grateful for the direction the gospel gives me and for my knowledge that families are forever!!!

No comments: