Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm the man...and I'm blogging!!!


What is your full name? (last name not required)
Wayne Michael

Where did you grow up?
I’ll let you know when I grow up. My formative years were spent in West Linn, Oregon.

What is a favorite childhood memory?
During the summer my friends and I would meet at our favorite swimming hole on the Willamette River. My friends and I would climb the rocky bank to the side of the river then swinging from the rope that would dangle over the cold water let ourselves drop into the swift river. The current would carry me 20 or 30 yards, I would climb out and repeat the process until dinner or until we realized that the water was COLD.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy jogging, napping and eating chocolate.

What is something that you think that you are really good at?
I take the best naps of anyone I know.
I can eat more chocolate than anyone I have ever met.

If you weren't married right now, what do you think you would be doing?
If I had not been introduced to the joys of marriage I would be a frantic workaholic.

What is one of the funnest vacations you have ever taken?
Last week my family and I went to Half Moon Bay (20 miles south of San Francisco) where we spent three days. We slept in a tent 100 feet from the ocean. We ate shish kabobs and smore’s, walked along the beach, napped on the beach, built sand castles and played games.

Were you involved in anything in high school?
I loved soccer, had fun while running track, played one year of basketball, endured cross country and was the captain of the “Bachelorettes” (a male dance group that spoofed the girl’s dance team).

What is your occupation?
I sell office imaging products (printers, copiers, software etc.) for Arista.

What brings a tear to your eye?
Chocolate cake that goes to waste.

What upsets you?
Very little gets me upset. Recently, I have become increasingly agitated by hearing the frequent use of the Lord’s name in vain.

Did you attend college? Where?
I acquired B.S. from the University of Utah.

What did you and your wife do on your first date?
We watched Grumpier Old Men. (I was an hour late and Heidi was grumpier than the old men).

What is your favorite movie?.
It’s too hard to narrow down to one favorite movie, but, here are a few of my favorites: Regarding Henry, Tommy Boy, and King Ralph.

What is the worst injury you have ever had?
While engrossed in an intense game of Monopoly my brother, John, bought from me Park Place which gave him a monopoly. Only a few turns later I landed on it with four houses on it (Park Place with four houses is $1300). I don’t recall how much he paid me for Park Place, but, I was convinced that my older brother had taken advantage of me. I stormed out of the room. Minutes later I came running down the hall and did a face forward dive directly at John’s head. Convinced that I would get even for this grave injustice I still recall John’s unapologetic look as I was flying through the air toward him as he sat Indian style on the floor. Just before I landed to unleash my furor he nonchalantly laid on his back. By so doing, my head’s new destination became the corner of the brick fireplace behind him. Although these few seconds are vivid in my mind, the next several minutes are a bit hazy. I am certain, however, that the babysitter earned her money that night as she cleaned blood from the carpet.

Where would you like to vacation one day?
I would like to take Heidi to Hawaii. I used to travel there on business, but never had a chance to enjoy it.

If you were going on a road trip, what 3 cd's would you bring along?
If I only have choice of 3 CD’s I would require diversity. At this stage in my life anything but Hannah Montana would be nice. Here are my three:
Back in Black by AC/DC
Best of James Taylor
Soundtrack from Les Miserables

And last but not least...What do you love the most about your beautiful wife??
First of all, I love that she is mine. Heidi has perfect lips -- but, what I love the most is that whatever we do Heidi makes it fun.

*Bonus Question: What were your wedding colors?
Our wedding colors were black and white.


4 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Thanks you for answering my blog Wayne!! I loved reading your answers. Ben and I laughed. I never knew you enjoyed jogging.
Thanks again for humoring me.
You are now a real man in my eyes cause real men BLOG!

Sorensen's said...

Way to go Wayne! I didn't know you liked chocolate so much and I didn't know you were one of the "Bachlorettes". Have you been keeping a journal, you've got a lot of really great stories.

Amelia said...

well i must agree that 2 of my 3 cd's would be the best of james taylor and les miserables. but i wont say what my 3rd would be... nice wayne. im still trying to get TJ to answer these on his own. i may end up just typing his responses myself!

Karalene said...

Oh, that was great--- I see you in a whole new light--- loved the monopoly injury. It makes me feel better that maybe my childhood was not so abnormal after all!!
Karalene