Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My first AMNIO and hopefully my last...

I had to go in for an amniocentesis today to check the maturity of our babies lungs. It was HORRIBLE...it was over quickly but I cried! I didn't really know how painful it would be or what to expect. It hurt a lot more than I thought but it was over faster than I thought. I think the roller coaster of emotions just hit me when the doctor pulled the needle out filled with amniotic fluid. They of course had to explain all the risks and I would've been so upset if something had gone wrong and I was so relieved that it was over! We had to wait all day for the results and that was nerve racking too! Finally at 4:30 we got word that our little guys lungs are strong and we will proceed with delivery tomorrow...hooray! I of course cried again! I'm so excited to move onto the next phase and hold my little man!
Still a little freaked by the C-section, but I made it through the amnio so I'm a little more calm!!!

2 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Max is so dang cute, Heidi!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to meet him and I know that he's dying to meet Ash and Ben.

Love you!

Michelle said...

Can't wait to hear about your new little guy. Cheers to you for making it through this whole ordeal and coming out with a beautiful baby boy.