Sunday, July 24, 2011

Memorial Day trip to the GORGE...

When we first moved to Oregon I started working and Wayne was Mr. Mom. He tends to be all business and not real adventurous. He does like a good adventure but doesn't usually deviate from the mundane of the daily schedule. The kids were dying to have a day trip of some sort. By Memorial Day I had been on bed rest for about a month and the kids were REALLY going crazy! (I do have to say for Spring Break Wayne took the kids down to California for a week and they all had a GREAT time) anyway...by this time we all were getting a little stir crazy so I said let's drive over to the gorge (about a half hour from our house) and drive along the historic highway with all the amazing waterfalls. I said I can take the lounge chair and read while you guys hike to any of the falls you want. EVERYONE WAS THRILLED...it was a perfect cloudy, misty day in Oregon. It was fun to get out. I took a book and the Ensign and sat in the parking lots of all the falls. It was fun...I made the family promise they would take pictures that I would take and the following pics are the result of my family MOCKING my picture taking! I LOVED IT! I even got some videos of the sights and SOUNDS of their hikes!

These are of the Vista House, at the top of the drive looking out over the gorge. It really is breathtaking every time I go!


This is Jay letting me know he LOVES me on his way to Bridal Veil falls! Bridal Veil turned out to be everyone's favorite fall! I can't wait til I'm able to go and do this hike (toting a little one of course)



Can't you feel the love from this crazy girl? I got about 10 different poses of Britt on this rock...full on MOCKING my picture taking! PUNK!!!
MULTNOMAH FALLS

Britt and Jay stood at the foot of the parking lot with me while Ally and Wayne hiked up to the bridge. I really wanted to walk up the walk way to the foot of the lower falls but Britt and Jay refused to let me...BEDREST NAZI'S!!!

View from Horsetail Falls



Jay is singing how much he loves the rain and having his picture taken...he's a big fan!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Multnomah Falls! Too bad you couldn't do the hike. Good luck with the baby.

Ben

Michelle said...

Several of my siblings checked out all these waterfalls while we were in OR last month. They all had a great time. Sadly my family didn't make it to that part of OR. Next time...

Can't believe baby boy is almost here. Good luck and can't wait to hear about it all.