Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Mom I need to feel loved, can you do a blog about me?"...JAY

I love my Jay man! He is in my opinion the best son in the world (for me!!!) He is very astute in knowing when I need help and when to steer clear! He's such a little gentleman, and is very respectful to me and his sisters. This year Jay has grown a lot and is almost as tall as me. I'm not ready to face the fact that soon he will be the tallest in our family! Jay has had a fun year in middle school. It's been a pleasure to see him make some tough choices about what friends to hang out with. I'm lucky that he made GREAT decisions. Everybody loves Jay...the line from Ferris Bueller comes to mind when describing him-- "Oh, he's very popular! The sportos, the motorheads. geeks, *&^%$, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, @#%!&*@#$, they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude!" This describes Jay to a tee!!! One day I was helping a few of the 12 year old girls from our ward with a project and I asked them "so, how is Jay at school?" they replied "EVERYBODY LOVES JAY!"
Jay is very inquisitive. He asks some deep questions sometimes and is NEVER satisfied with some of the passive answers I give him. He has a real desire to know answers!!! I love him for that, he keeps me on my toes!
Have tree will climb...this will be engraved on his tombstone!!! When we went to the park to take pictures of the kids, I thought it would be cute if all the kids were hanging upside down. Jay COULD NOT do it! We laughed so hard at his desperate attempts.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the 6 year olds in our ward called and asked if Jay could come over and help show him how to dress for church. It was soo cute! The following Sunday, Jay was asked by the parents to come and help get the kid ready for church...Jay very willing went and helped! I know a lot of the little guys look up to Jay. Jay has quickly become the favorite babysitter in the ward and it's starting to irritate his older sister!!!
Jay gives the greatest hugs! I'm lucky to be his mom!!!
Jay is such a jokester...he and Britt work well as a team!!!
I hope Jay feels more loved now! He is one amazing kid. I have learned a lot from him, and I'm sure he's got lots more to share!

4 comments:

Amelia said...

True. Everyone loves jay! I think hanging from the monkey bars is a talent that only girls learn the first day they start school! When abby was little her favorite line from Ferris Bueller (except she called him Ferris Bueguellar) was the 'they think he's a righteous dude!' Ahh.. good times.

Michelle said...

I need to make sure my boys turn out just like Jay. Got any tips?

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Michelle, let your boys be who they want to be. I was told to raise the children you have not the ones you imagined having...of all the advice I was given, I've really tried to follow that piece! Your boys are already great. Jay would say call him to babysit!!! ;)

The Sorensen Family said...

Jay is a great boy!! I cant believe he is almost as tall as you! I loved all the pictures, especially all the first ones. All your kids are great and good kids!