Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Brittany

My sweet Britt turned 15 on Friday...I still can't believe it!!! Britt was born on Mother's Day. It was a perfect first Mother's Day. I feel so blessed to be her mother. I have learned so much from her. Britt is so confident in who she is and truly stands strong for all that she believes in. People are drawn to her and she welcomes everyone with open arms. Britt was recently asked by the Stake Presidency to speak at the upcoming Seminary Graduation, she will be speaking in honor of the Freshman. She's amazing! Britt is definitely the peacemaker in our family. She's always the first to make a joke and the first to speak up when she has an opposing opinion...always with tact of course! She's an amazing negotiator and is very good at getting what she wants. I truly am so thankful the Lord sent her to me, she's been a joy from day one!!!
She's always been picture perfect in my opinion. She has always made everything an adventure and a fun memory! I love her for that!
Can't you just feel her mocking my picture taking in this one...she's a delight!



This year Britt had a "Minute to Win it" party. It was so fun to see her and her friends do the goofy games and compete against each other. Britt has an amazing group of friends. It was fun to have a houseful of teenagers.
I love this picture above...I wish I had video taped the opening of presents. All of the guys made "ooh and aww" sounds every time Britt opened a present. It was HILARIOUS!!! The night was filled with fun and games and the energy from these guys is infectious!
Every child should be so lucky to have an aunt like Aunt Anne...she surprised Britt by showing up with Beth and Bella. Anne called from our driveway (unbeknown to us) and told Britt to go online and look at the picture she had just posted of her present. When Britt opened up the picture it was of Beth and Bella in our driveway. So fun!!! Wayne and Jay were away at Father's and Sons so we went and enjoyed a girls night out. We went to dinner and then went and saw "Letters to Juliet" it was the cutest movie!
Britt got braces a few days before her birthday. I think she's adorable! I can't wait to see the end result!!!
I mentioned that Britt has great friends...when I picked her up from school on her birthday this is what I saw. She had a handful of balloons, treats and presents! I'm glad she's loved and I'm glad she's mine forever!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy belated Birthday Britt!! You are awesome and you always put a smile on my face when I see you around.

Amelia said...

Awww.. Happy Bday Britt. Love you guys!

The Qian Family said...

Happy birthday to Brittney! Love the family pic, by the way!