Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lots of Holiday Cheer...

Our Christmas season was anything but dull and boring. We had party after party and concert after concert. I loved every minute of it!!!Britt is in 8th grade this year. She again is in choir. She also tried out and made Select ensemble. This is the first year with a new teacher and she made the kids try out, where in years past it was just an option for those who really liked to sing. She made it and is one of 6 girls in this group. For their winter concert 2 of the 6 were unable to sing so Britt sang in this quartet. She was really nervous and she kept telling us..."we suck, this is going to be so embarrassing...yadda yadda"...I was BLOWN away at how awesome they were. My daughter...man she plays me!!! They were truly amazing. I couldn't believe the sound that these 4 girls made. They're only 13! WOW! (i'm not just being a proud mom either!!!)
Below is a picture of the regular choir of 7th and 8th graders. Britt is in the middle with her cute pig-tails!

Every year our Stake puts on a live Nativity for the community. Bro. Hoxie has farm animals and everything. We also have a bell choir that performs every year. This year Wayne and Jay were invited to be the Inn Keeper and the Inn Keepers son. Jay had a blast. I personal think my husbands beard makes him look Arabic. (he's since shaved) It was fun to see them dressed up and deliver their lines PERFECTLY!!! (yes Tristan, I have a few pictures if you want them)This is the gym at Jay's school all decked out for the 5th grade luncheon. This is where Jay was Santa with Sienna.

Jay and Jaclyn smiling big just for me. They were so cute, they could see me way in the back taking pictures so the spontaneously stood up and gave me a CHEESE right before their concert started. I must take a lot of pictures or something...I LOL and snapped away!
Last year Jay tried the Viola, and it didn't really take. I think because he didn't love his teacher which makes or breaks it in my opinion. This year he went out for band, and is LOVING playing the trombone.
Britt was invited to a party the same night that Wayne and I had a party. Being that both parties were hosted by members of our Ward, I suggested to the ladies at my party that we go and carol to the kids' party. (most of us had kids attending) The kids were SHOCKED to see who was singing when they opened the door. It was very fun!!! I'm glad my daughter wasn't horrified with embarrassment when she saw me. (some of the other kids weren't thrilled) Britt thought it was great! I'm glad she still likes to have me around :)

This is our matchy molly Santa picture. There was a photographer taking pictures so the actual picture is better than this candid shot. LOVE IT!!! I still have lots of pictures to post so, please keep checking back! MORE TO COME...

1 comment:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I would love to see the pictures of Heath and me as Mary and Joseph. Thanks Heidi.