Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sorensen Girls go WICKED...

This past weekend all the Sorensen Girls went to see WICKED at the Orpheum Theater in San Francisco ... Anne has a whole agenda of things to do before she turns 40 (which is next year...as a sister I have to put that info out there) She can check this "to do" off her list. That morning everyone was flying in at different times and Melanie & Emily were driving from Marysville area...I was able to attend The Baeza Family Sealing that morning, and it was truly an awesome privilege to be there. After Wayne and I got back from the Temple, he promptly left for work and I waited for Mel & Em to come so we could all ride the BART into town together. (FYI they stopped and got In-N-Out without me...I'm just sayin')
Once we all got to the hotel we gave Anne a present that Ashlee had picked out as a great big THANK YOU...not that we could ever say a big enough thank you, but we all know how Anne loves jewelry. I think Anne was truly surprised :)I made the ladies all walk to FLAX...sadly I think they were less than impressed, but it could've been because it was quite literally ONE MILLION degrees in there...UGH!!! Below I caught them all hanging out in the KIDDIE section coloring on the table!!! Above my Mom is showing off her "high heel wearing" skills. Below everyone is mocking my "constant picture taking" skills...I did take a picture of everyone getting off the elevator too, but didn't see the need to post it!

I loved seeing my Mom take a lot of pictures. She's always said she just needs a camera of her own and she finally has one.After our thoroughly exciting trip to FLAX we went out to dinner and then headed back up to our room to get all fancy for our show. Our hotel was right across from the Orpeum, which is the ONLY reason I brought my fancy RED SHOES Everyone looked great. I have been dying to see this play for years, but really dying since Britt saw it a few months ago and couldn't stop telling me how amazing it was. She was right...I loved, loved, loved it. I want to go again with my whole family!!!
These are the 3 original Sorensen girls...I have 5 brothers and only 1 sister. My mom told me my whole life that someday I will have more sisters (cause I always felt jipped that I only had 1...although my 1 sister is amazing I always wanted more)

For those of you that don't already know these fabulous ladies I'll label them below

Melanie (Andy's wife) ME, Annie (Ty's wife) ANNE, MOM, Emily (Jon's wife) Ashlee (Ben's wife)
Before the show we had gone to Walgreens and each picked out a goody to munch on after the show. We stayed up late snacking, talking and of course lots of LAUGHING!!!


Add Image Too bad Britt wasn't with us...she would've been more keen on the idea of shopping in FOREVER 21 with Ash than the others were. Ash was very excited to finally see the 3 story store I had been telling her about!!! Everyone was patient and Ash did get to spend some time in there...she even purchased a few items. (you'll just have to come back and do more shopping Ash!) As we were making our way to China Town...the desired destination of most of the out of towners...we saw this man being taken away. I don't know what he did, but I yeilded to all the mocking of my picture taking and snapped a photo!!!

While we were in China Town, Anne (my sister) had these WICKED bracelets made for all of us, so that we would have a memento to remember our fun weekend. I don't think I mentioned above anywhere, that my sister not only had the great idea for the WILD & WICKED WEEKEND (as she so titled it) but, she also bankrolled the whole trip. She is amazing and thoughtful and we are all lucky to have her!!! THANKS AGAIN

3 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

It was so much fun and I'm so sad that it's over Heidi! I miss you guys already. We needed more time!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun girls weekend. I wanted to go the Baeza's sealing too but Stephen had surgery on Friday and it was just a no go. I've never even heard of Flax, guess I need to do some research

Amelia said...

Why wasnt I born to your family!!!!??? Looks like you had way too much fun! And I love that you wore your ruby reds to the show!
PS Can you just mail me some In N Out? It is my one craving since I have been prego!!