Monday, September 28, 2009

My boy is growing up...

On the same weekend that Ally got baptized Jay was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. This was a very emotional weekend for me. As I listened and watched Wayne confirm Ally and then an hour later confer the priesthood upon Jay (all thru lots of happy tears) I was struck at how overwhelmed Wayne must have been feeling...that was a lot!!! I am so happy to be married to an amazing husband, father and most importantly (I think) a worthy priesthood holder. I have a lot of friends whose husbands haven't been able to perform these stepping stones in the gospel and I know that it's a HUGE blessing to have Wayne be who he is! I used to be able to re-arrange my photos...for whatever reason blogspot isn't allowing me to do it anymore. I'll have to start paying attention to how I upload them from now on. These photos of the grandparents playing Rock Band are some of my favorites. This was after church on Sunday when everyone was hanging out. The photo of my mom is probably my favorite 'cause she's "really" smiling! I love it!

The above photo is of Jay & Ally on the day of their interviews with the Bishop. Ally got her recommend to be baptized and Jay was supposed to have his Deacon interview, but when we got in it had been postponed...(probably because the next week we got a new Bishop)
This is a photo of Jay at his Priesthood Preview...Brother Thalman used to be over the Deacons, but since the new Bishop Brother Thalman is now the YM President
This is Jay at a Stake service project. Jay is such a hard worker, and always the first to offer help. Jay is amazing (and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom)...I think a lot of times kids are misunderstood by those that aren't always around, and Jay is for sure one of those kids. He is a deep thinker, works hard at school, loved by everyone in our stake kind of guy!!! (especially primary kids) As a mother I couldn't ask for a better son.
3 generations of Cannons...what a sharp looking kid! The following week Jay got to pass the sacrament for the first time. I can not tell you how I felt watching him do this. So many people complimented him on what a sharp job he did. (everyone was eagerly watching him) He was the ONLY boy in a suit. Everyone else just wears slacks and a shirt...not my Jay!!! Yesterday Jay gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting. When he was preparing his talk he asked "how old do you have to be to give a 15 minute talk?" He wanted more than his 5 minutes he was allotted!!! Of course he did an amazing job!
Pa Bob and Jay! I like that they are matching! This was such a fun day. I still have so many photos from this weekend. Someday I will get them all blogged! I am very grateful to all of those who came and were able to be apart of this big weekend! Family support is so important and I'm grateful that I got so much of it!

4 comments:

Sorensen's said...

I love the rockband grandma's!

Amelia said...

I never thought i would see Sue rockin it on the guitar! What a hoot!
And when did Jay grow up? I really feel old lately looking at your blog!

Michelle said...

How great to have both big events coincide with each other so that both sets of grandparents could be there.

Blogger is being rather annoying, making it very difficult to rearrange photos these days. I'd like to sit down and have a little chat with them about it!

Janelle said...

Who is the new Bishop? I can't believe Ally is eight. How wonderful for them to share such memorable expreiences.