Friday, June 12, 2009

Britt Promotion fun...

Britt is officially done with middle school... I can't believe how fast it went. I can so vividly remember her first day at HPMS. She looked so little compared to the big 8th graders...now she's a 9th grader. My advice to all you young mothers out there (I'm finally admitting that group no longer includes me) is to truly enjoy each moment. Your kids will be going into HS before you know it. Someone gave me that advice at one of Britt's baby showers, and I thought they were "oh so sentimental and a little crazy"...now here I am facing the reality that my once a baby is now in HS.Britt and some of her good friends met over at Gina's house. I was upstairs on make-up and hair duty and Gina's mom was fixing dinner downstairs. Gina's sister was also working on hair duty. Ally had a friend over and they loved dipping their feet in the pool and watching all the big girls in their moment of excitement. It was soo fun!!!
Britt is talking to Wayne...who was at work but still wanted to be part of the moment. Britt found out she didn't like having long nails because she couldn't TEXT...such dreadfullness!!!
Britt and Gina


this is Britt's face that lets me know I've officially taken enough photos...she gets a little giddy and yells "is this face good?" or a big goofy "CHHEEESSEE"...at this point I just want to take more pictures because then the "real" Britt comes out!!!
This was the Last day of school...they had a promotion ceremony which was very crowded and Britt looked like a needle in a haystack. Most of the kids from our ward had made plans to meet at the flagpole for pictures
Sadly, I never got a great "jumping" picture.
HPMS Angels... what a fun group of kids!!! Mikey and Brad have pretty good odds at getting dates in a few more years!!!

3 comments:

Sorensen's said...

Britt, I told Beth this and now I'm going to tell you, "stop growing up". I feel better now! :) You are a beauty--love ya!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

High school??? Holy cow! When did that happen? Brittany, you are a very beautiful young lady.

Amelia said...

What fun... and what a cute dress!!