Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More adventures....

Jay turned 11 this year. I can hardly believe it! He now gets to go to 11 year old scouts, which makes life a little easier, because it's the same day and time as YW--no more driving to and fro! LOVE IT!!! Jay has never been a "t-shirt & jean" boy--he is pretty particular about what he will wear and it has to fit him "just right" I was thrilled when he was happy about this outfit I picked out for his birthday. (not an easy feat)

Jay wanted 2 giant ZINGER cakes. I made these cakes in bread pans, and then I took REDI-WHIP and filled them with cream and then frosted them. Jay was thrilled. His idea was that 2 ZINGERS would like an 11. Everyone loved them!Britt and Ally did all the wrapping of Jay's presents. School started just a few days after Jay's birthday so we've yet to have a friend party. (I promised will have one...stay tuned for that) This is Britt's last year of middle school--yes I'm in denial about that too! She is part of the Leadeship team this year and LOVED helping out at registation.
Britt was put at the cashier table. She loved every minute of this opportunity. She came home humored by a mom who bought a $7 planner and paid with $100 bill.
After a long day of registration duties the girls came back to our house for a little R&R! It ended up being a big whip cream fight. Of course I loved every minute of it!First Day of School...Britt 8th grade...Ally 2nd grade (yes denial)...Jay 5th grade... could we just not talk about it. Man, why do they have to grow up so fast?Redwood Forest fun... I never really blog about my cute hubby. For Labor Day we drove up to the Redwoods and met Waynes parents at a campground and had sooo much fun. Wayne loves relaxing and being with the kids. (he's really just a big kid himself)Wayne's mom said that when Wayne was a kid he would have stood at the Lake all day and skipped rocks...sure enough, we went over to STOUT GROVE and had to cross the Smith River and Wayne was skipping rocks. (he's actually pretty awesome--he got 7 skips with one rock)If you aren't familiar with STOUT GROVE it's where Return of the Jedi was filmed. It was amazing. I actually want to watch the movie again so I can see if I recognize anything. Leave it to my husband to hang from the root of a giant redwood.I have lots more picures to post of this adventure and this last weekend we went to one of our families favorites spots --Crissy Field. I'm off to a YW presidency meeting so I'm out of time for now. I'll be posting a lot in the next few days so please check back. Ally finally finished her first post by herself on her blog so please check that out too and leave her comments. I figure we can get some reading practice in too. Happy September!!!

4 comments:

megs said...

Happy birthday Jay! you are getting so big!!!

Janelle said...

I can't believe Ally is in 2nd grade. And, Wayne sounds just like Stephen when he gets out into nature. Must be a male return-to-the-cave-man syndrome or something. Happy B-day Jay!

The Qian Family said...

I LOVE the pic of your kids on the first day of school. I know what you mean about them growing up so fast. It looks like they are all doing great. I'm so glad I can see your updates. We need to get Sheila Alt to do a blog...It's the only way I keep in touch with anyone :)

Amelia said...

11? Holy cow. I wasnt going to say it, but how did your kids get so old!! I like their back to school outfits. Im pretty sure I had an outfit just like Britts when i was little. Does that make me old that styles are repeating already, or was i just really ahead of my time in how cool i dressed? HA. Ill go with the first.